The Chandler Center for the Arts is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill the full-time position of PATRON SERVICES COORDINATOR. The ideal applicant will be well versed in standard theatre operating procedures, including house management, volunteer supervision, patron safety, food and beverage and customer service. The City of Chandler offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
The primary functions are to coordinate and ensure the smooth operation of the Front of House which includes food and beverage, contract parking, security services, and merchandise sales of the Chandler Center for the Arts. The Patron Services Coordinator serves as a liaison between clients and the public prior to and during events to ensure that the Arts Center facility, equipment, physical setup, and personnel provided meet the requirements of the event. This position manages all aspects of a volunteer program by recruiting, training and directly and indirectly supervising a large number of volunteers. The Patron Services Coordinator will be required to work evenings and weekends as assigned.
Please Note: All full-time positions are hired through the City of Chandler. If this is the first time you are applying using the City of Chandler's online job application, you will need to create an account and select a Username and Password. If you need assistance, please review the Help and Support Application Guide for instructions.
Is what you are interested in applying for not open at this time? Sign up and receive a job alert when a position becomes available. By completing a job interest card, you will receive e-mail notifications each time a position opens in the categories you selected.
PART-TIME CUSTODIAL ASSISTANT
This position is a part-time, non-benefited position with no set hours. The Custodial Assistant will be asked to work primarily on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays but not limited to weekends. The Custodial Assistant may also be called to fill in during the week. Hours may change during the time of service to meet the demands of the events. Under the direction of the Front of House Coordinator, the Custodial Assistant will report to the Lead Custodian during events at the Chandler Center for the Arts. The Custodial Assistant is responsible for cleaning and helping to maintain the facility before, during and after events. The Custodial Assistant must be able to work well with paid staff, volunteers and clients to ensure the smooth operation of all events.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Willing to work long hours if needed
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Prompt, reliable and dependable
- Six months or more of custodial and event set up experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Effective communication skills including interpreting written instructions
- Ability to clean and maintain theaters, backstage spaces, offices, gallery and outdoor areas
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans theaters, backstage spaces, offices and gallery
- Works with cleaning fluids and chemicals using normal protective equipment
- Uses machinery such as carpet cleaners and floor scrubbers
- Coordinates with other custodians and staff regarding set up and tasks for events
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of lobby and restrooms during events
- Monitors theaters, lobbies and restrooms during the pre-show, performance, intermission and post-show
- Ability to learn and explain to others lobby set ups and theater cleaning procedures
- Excellent customer service skills and positive attitude
- Maintains high standards for interacting with patrons, staff and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit a résumé, with your contact information, by email to:
Front of House Coordinator
Chandler Center for the Arts