Interested in a Job with the Chandler Center for the Arts?
- All full-time positions are handled through the City of Chandler's HR dept.
Check the City of Chandlers’ HR website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chandleraz
- Interested in Volunteering? Find out more
Title: Custodial Assistant
Reports To: Lead Custodian
This position is a part-time, non-benefited position with no set hours.
Primary work functions happen on Friday evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays with some weekdays and weekday evenings based on event needs.
Reporting to the Patron Services Coordinator and with directions from the Lead Custodian, this position assists other custodians during events at the Chandler Center for the Arts. The Custodial Assistant is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the facility during events and before and after events. The Custodial Assistant must be able to work well with paid staff, volunteers, and clients to ensure the smooth operation of all events.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
· Able to stand for long periods of time
· Willing to work long hours if needed
· Ability to lift 50 pounds or more.
· Prefer some custodial and event set up experience
· High school diploma or GED
· Effective communication skills including interpreting written instructions
· Ability to clean and maintain theaters, backstage spaces, offices, gallery, and outdoor areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Cleans theaters, backstage spaces, offices, gallery, and works with cleaning fluids and chemicals using normal protective equipment, uses machinery such as vacuum cleaners and floor scrubbers, coordinates with other custodians and staff regarding set up and tasks for events,
· Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of lobby and restrooms during events and stocking restrooms, monitors theaters, lobbies, and restrooms during the pre-show, performance, intermission and post-show,
· Ability to learn and explain to others lobby setups and theater cleaning procedures,
· Excellent customer service skills and positive attitude,
Please submit a resume by email:
Patron Services Coordinator
Chandler Center for the Arts