During the month of April, we hope you enjoy artists who help celebrate Jazz Appreciation Month.
PLEASE NOTE: IMPORTANT CHANGE FOR THIS PERFORMANCE
Due to expected hot temperatures on Saturday, we are moving the evening's performance from Under the Stars On the Terrace to Under the Chandeliers in the CCA Foyer. We hope you will enjoy the performance just as much socially distanced in the comfort of an air-conditioned building. This one-hour performance is limited to 50 attendees and includes after-hours access to exhibitions at The Gallery at the CCA.
Josiel Perez’s All-Stars combine the historical collaboration of early Jazz from New Orleans with early Latin Jazz from Cuba. The result is a vibrant energetic sound with beautiful brass melodies, distinctive Latin rhythms, and swaying smooth vocals that will have audiences on their feet and transported back to another time.
To purchase tickets for this performance, please contact the box office at 480-782-2680.
More About Josiel Perez:
The All-Stars get their direction from composer and artist Josiel Perez. Born in Pinar Del Rio, Cuba on October 9, 1986, he comes from an extensive musical family, beginning with his grandfather who is a refined flautist to his uncle, Andres Perez, who is considered one of Cuba’s best baritone saxophonists.
Currently residing in Phoenix, Josiel has performed alongside top-level musicians, Luis Conte, Haakon Graf, Rayford Griffin, Hans Zermuelen, Dan Lutz, Stan Sergeant, Walfredo Reyes Jr., Luis Eric Gonzalez, Kamasi Washington, Jimmy Branly, Raul Pineda, Sawa Perez, Joey De Leon. He also led, composed for, and arranged music for the AC Jazz Project aka Afro Cuban Jazz Project, a nationally known group produced by PJ Oliva, and formerly led by world-renowned Cuban percussionist Long John Oliva who passed away in 2004.
Your health and safety are our priorities. Here is how we are making this a safe experience for you:
· We will email or text your tickets for contactless entrance.
· All attendees, staff, and volunteers must wear a mask.
· While the show is general admission, seating will be assigned prior to the performance for a personalized seating experience.
· The CCA adheres to all guidelines set by the AZ Department of Health Services, including proper disinfecting of surfaces, ample availability of hand sanitizer, contactless payment, and social distancing for attendees and staff.
· Any other questions, visit our Box Office FAQs.